487204-B21, HP Smart Array P812/1G FBWC 2-ports Int/4-ports Ext PCIe x8 SAS Controller
The HP Smart Array P812 is HP’s 24 port Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) RAID controller with PCI Express (PCIe). This high performance SAS RAID controller provides high levels of reliability for HP servers through its support of 6 Gb/s SAS and 3 Gb/s SATA technology, 1 GiB FBWC, and advanced RAID capabilities. This controller ships standard with a Smart Array Advanced Pack license key and supports up to 108 hard drives. The HP Smart Array P812 is the first 24 port serial attached SCSI (SAS) RAID controller from HP. It is the highest performing, highest capacity controller in the HP Smart Array SAS controller portfolio and provides new levels of storage connectivity for HP servers.
- Seamless upgrades to and from other HP Smart Array controllers.
- Storage interface (SAS/SATA)
- Two Mini SAS 4i connectors for attachment to internal drive backplanes
- Four Mini SAS 4x connectors for attachment to JBODs and external tape drives
- 6 Gb/s SAS technology delivers up to 600 MB/s per physical link.
- 3 Gb/s SATA technology delivers up to 300 MB/s for directly attached SATA drives.
- Mix-and-match SAS and SATA drives. Deploy drive technology as needed to fit the computing environment.
- Support for SAS tape drives, SAS tape autoloaders and SAS tape libraries.
- Host interface (PCI Express)
- PCI Express 2.0 8x host interface provides up to 4 GB/s in each direction
- RAID controller features
- 1 GiB flash-backed write cache (not all of which is available for user data)
- RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5, 6, 50, and 60
- Recovery ROM protects against ROM corruption.
- Smart Array Advanced Pack license key included (see below)
- Consistent management software among all Smart Array family products, including Array Configuration Utility (ACU), Systems Insight Manager (SIM), Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU), Online ROM Configuration Utility (ORCA), and SmartStart.
- SAS 2.0 (6 Gb/s, 3 Gb/s, and 1.5 Gb/s). 6 Gb/s bandwidth supports larger numbers of SAS drives in the SAS subsystem and provides better support for future high-bandwidth SSDs.
- SATA 2.6 (3 Gb/s and 1.5 Gb/s).
- 24 SAS/SATA physical links distributed across six Mini SAS connectors
- Two Mini SAS 4i connectors (8 physical links): for attachment to internal drive backplanes
- Four Mini SAS 4x connectors (16 physical links): for attachment to JBODs and external tape drives