Whether you are a new or returning customer, PartSourceOnline wants to make the process easier for you. We have put together a list of the Top 10 Hard Drives we have to offer (with SKU numbers). We highly recommend this post to any Server owner looking for some extra storage.
To start things off strong we have the Cisco A03-D300GA2 Hard Drive. This hard drive has a consistency which can be put to use in SmartArrays and storage for your server. The specifications for this drive are: a 300GB capacity, with a 10k RPM, a 6Gb/s SAS interface, and a 2.5in form factor. This specific Hard Drive is compatible in the following Cisco Servers:
- UCS C200 M2 HIGH-DENSITY RACK-MOUNT SERVER
- UCS C210 M2 GENERAL-PURPOSE RACK-MOUNT SERVER
- UCS C250 M2 EXTENDED-MEMORY RACK-MOUNT SERVER
- UCS C460 M2 HIGH-PERFORMANCE RACK-MOUNT SERVER
This Seagate Constellation drive provides high performance & high capacity data storage for a variety of systems, including: engineering workstations, network servers, mainframes, and supercomputers. The Serial Attached SCSI interface is designed to meet next-generation computing demands for performance, scalability, flexibility and high-density storage requirements. If you are looking to use this drive in a server, the following EqualLogic servers are very compatible:
- Dell EqualLogic PS4100, PS4100E, PS4110E
- Dell EqualLogic PS4210E
- Dell EqualLogic PS6100, PS6100E, PS6110E
- Dell EqualLogic PS6210E
By buying a HP Compaq Hard Drive, you eliminate: data integrity problems, firmware and O/S incompatibilities, and other causes of data corruption or premature failure. HP Compaq Hard Drives are specifically designed and tested for flawless operation in your equipment. This hard drive is compatible with the following servers:
- BL20p G1, BL20p G2, BL20p G3, BL25p, BL40p, BL45p G1, BL60p
- CL1850, CL380, DL360 G1, DL360 G2, DL360 G3, DL360 G4
- DL360 G4p, DL380 G1, DL380 G2, DL380 G3, DL380 G4
- DL385 G1, DL560, DL580 G1, DL580 G2, DL580 G3, DL585 G1
- DL590, DL740, DL760, ML330 G1, ML330 G2, ML330 G3, ML350 G1
- ML350 G2, ML350 G3, ML350 G4, ML370 G1, ML370 G2, ML370 G3
- ML370 G4, ML530 G1, ML530 G2, ML570 G1, ML570 G2, ML570 G3
This Seagate Hard Drive has a 1.2TB capacity, a 2.5in form factor, a 12Gb/s SAS interface with a 10k RPM, making it a great Enterprise HDD option for many servers. The Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K HDD is an ideal 1.2 TB hard drive for mission critical applications. It delivers best-in-class mission critical random performance, highest capacities and the low power that data centers need to meet demanding service level agreements and to keep up with data growth and reduce IT operating costs. This drive is compatible with any server that accepts 2.5″x15mm (SFF) SAS drives, especially EqualLogic servers.
Once again, another Seagate drive has made the list. This hard drive has a 36gb capacity, an Ultra320 SCSI interface with 80 pins included, along with a 10k RPM, making this hard drive a fast, highly accessible option for any server. The Cheetah 10K.6 drive is Seagate’s sixth-generation 10K RPM high performance, high capacity disk drive. With one of the fastest interfaces, the highest reliability, and the most mature product design, the Cheetah 10K.6 enables the lowest ownership cost. In data intensive environments, increasing the capacity per disk drive lowers ownership costs by deploying fewer systems that use less cubic feet of space requiring less infrastructure such as cabinets, HBAs and less wattage of power. This Hard Drive is compatible for server storage with a 3.5in form factor, especially EqualLogic servers, third party servers, and Gateway Machines.
This Toshiba Hard Drive has a 600GB capacity, 15k RPM, a 12Gb/s SAS interface with a 2.5in form factor. This Hard Drive can fit in any PowerEdge server that holds 2.5in drives. Overall, this drive fits everyday server storage needs and is one of the better options for 2.5 in server drives, fitting in any PowerEdge server so long as it is fit for 2.5in drives.
Here comes the Dell Hard Drives! First up is the Dell C36WJ, which offers 2TB of capacity! With 7200RPM, Near-Line technology and a 12Gb/s SAS Interface, this drive easily makes it into the top 5. This drive’s form factor is also 3.5, meaning it will fit into PowerEdge servers with 3.5in. This drive can fit in PowerEdge Gen13 servers!
- PowerEdge R230, PowerEdge R330, PowerEdge R430, PowerEdge R530
- PowerEdge R630, PowerEdge R730xd, PowerEdge R730, PowerEdge R930
- PowerEdge T330, PowerEdge T430, PowerEdge T630
- PowerVault MD3200
- PowerVault MD1200, PowerVault MD1400, PowerVault MD3200i
- PowerVault MD3400
This drive is also backwards compatible with Gen 11 and 12 PowerEdge and PowerVault Servers/Arrays
Prepare to be amazed. The Dell 012GYY easily makes the list for Top 10 Hard Drives due to its amazing specifications. This drive consists of a 4TB capacity, with a 7200 RPM. Not only does it have massive capacity, with good RPM, but it has a 6Gb/s SAS interface with a 3.5in form factor as well. This drive fits in most PowerEdge servers, as long as it can hold 3.5in form factor drives. Below is a list of PowerEdge series servers that are compatible with the 012GYY drive:
- Dell PowerEdge T-Series T20 T100 T105 T110 (Gen I,II) T300 T310 T320 T330 T410 T420 T430 T605 T610 T620 T630 T710 Servers.
- Dell PowerEdge R-Series R210 (Gen I, II) R220 R230 R300 R310 R320 R330 R410 R415 R420 R430 R510 R520 R530 R530XD
- Dell PowerEdge R-Series R630 R710 R715 R720 R720XD R730XD R730 R900 R905 R920 R930
- Dell PowerEdge C-Series C1100 C2100 C6100 C6220 Servers.
- Dell PowerEdge M-Series M420 M510 M520 M610x M630 M710HD M830 M915 Blade Servers.
- Dell PowerVault M-Series M1000e MD1120 MD1200 MD1220 MD3000i MD3060e MD3200 MD3200i Storage Arrays.
- Dell PowerVault M-Series MD3220 MD3220i MD3400 MD3420 MD3460 MD3600f MD3600i MD3620f Storage Arrays.
- Dell PowerVault M-Series MD3660f MD3800f MD3800i MD3820f MD3820i MD3860i Storage Arrays.
- Dell PowerVault N-Series NF600 NX300 NX400 NX3000 NX3100 NX3200 NX3300 Network Attached Storage.
Coming in at 2nd on the Top 10 Hard Drives list, the Dell J164R Hard Drive. This Hard Drive features 2Tb worth of capacity, with 5400 RPM. Along with this, the J164R features a SATA interface with a 3.5in form factor. Because of the interface and form factor, this drive can be used in a lot of PowerEdge servers and alike, such as:
- INSPIRON 1120, INSPIRON 17R (N7110)
- OPTIPLEX 780 DT
- POWEREDGE 2900, POWEREDGE C5220
- POWEREDGE R210, POWEREDGE R210 II, POWEREDGE R310, POWEREDGE R410, POWEREDGE R510, POWEREDGE R710
- POWEREDGE T110 II, POWEREDGE T410, POWEREDGE T610, POWEREDGE T710
- POWERVAULT MD1000, POWERVAULT MD3000, POWERVAULT MD3000I
- PRECISION M4500
- STUDIO ONE 19 (1909)
- VOSTRO 220, VOSTRO 220S, VOSTRO 430, VOSTRO A860, VOSTRO V13
- XPS 15 (L502X)
In 1st place of this Top 10 Hard Drives list, we have the Dell DTK38! This Original Dell Hard Drive has a 4TB capacity for your server’s storage needs. This high capacity means you can store various things on your server without the worry of maxing out your storage too quickly. With a fast 7200 RPM, you can easily access your storage as well. This drive includes a SAS interface with a 3.5in form factor as well, meaning it can fit into most PowerEdge servers. It also is known as a “Hot-Plug” drive, meaning that you can place it right into your running server without significant interruption. The compatible PowerEdge list of servers are the same as the 012GYY’s, so the specific SKUs can be found there, but here are the series’ this drive works on:
- Dell PowerEdge T-Series Servers.
- Dell PowerEdge R-Series Servers.
- Dell PowerEdge C-Series Servers.
- Dell PowerEdge M-Series Servers.
- Dell PowerVault M-Series Storage Arrays.
- Dell PowerVault N-Series Network Attached Storage.
We find the Dell PowerEdge servers to be our best selling and also some of the highest performance server hard drives on our website. If you have any questions about any of these drives be sure to contact us and we can help you find the right option for your server. Thanks for reading our Top 10 Hard Drives list!